The season of giving has begun, and many families have started thinking about how to support the staff at Cedar Mill*. The PTC would like to make this easy for you, and also make sure you know some guidelines around holiday donations.
If you would like to support your favorite staff member’s classroom, the PTC has created Amazon.com wish lists that they have filled. This will replace the ‘wishing tree’ that used to be in the front entry display cases. We hope this new system will be easier to use and allow staff to get just what they need for their classroom.
Accessing their lists should be quick and easy!
1) Go to Amazon.com and log in (if you use Amazon Smile, you can also benefit non-profits like Cedar Mill PTC)
2) Hover over ‘Accounts and Lists‘ on the right side menu bar and click ‘Find a List or Registry‘ on the drop down menu
3) Search ‘Cedar Mill Elementary PTC‘
4) You should find staff members listed on the left side. Click on the person you would like to shop for and their wish list items will appear (if the person has a list)
5) Add the item you want to buy to your cart, then click the yellow ‘Proceed to Checkout’ button that appears
7) IMPORTANT: Choose the teacher’s registry address c/o PTC Giving Tree under ‘Other Addresses’ so the item is shipped to the school
8) Complete your transaction
*Please note: The Beaverton School District, in alignment with the Oregon Government Ethics Commission, asks that personal gifts to school staff be limited to $50 per staff member from a family in a calendar year. We ask that you honor this rule. Donations from the wish lists above are not considered personal but instead for specific classrooms and are not subject to the $50 limit.
If you have any questions about our new digital wishing tree, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.